3 CLASSIC COCKTAILS | COCKTAIL CODEX
- 2 ounces Elijah Craig Small Batch bourbon
- 3/4 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- 1 lemon wedge for garnish
Shake all the ingredients with ice, then strain into a double Old-Fashioned glass over 1 large ice cube. Garnish with the lemon wedge.
- 1 1/2 ounces Plymouth gin
- 1/2 ounce Laird's 100-proof straight apple brandy
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 ounce Grenadine
- 1/2 ounce simple syrup
- 1 egg white
- 1 brandied cherry on a skewer for garnish
Dry shake all the ingredients, then shake again with ice. Double strain into a chilled double old fashioned glass or coupe and garnish with the brandied cherry.
BLOODY MARY VERDE
- Kosher salt and chile powder, for rimming
- Lime wedge
- 5 ounces Verde Mix
- 1 1/2 ounces Jalapeño-infused Vodka
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 1 cherry tomato and 1 lemon wedge on a skewer
On a small plate, mix equal parts of kosher salt and chile powder. Rub the lime wedge along the upper 1/4 inch of a Collins glass, halfway around the circumference, then roll the wet portion in the salt mixture. Fill the glass with ice cubes. Add the remaining ingredients and stir a few times. Garnish with the cherry tomato and lemon wedge.