FOR THE BUTTER:
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) soft, unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons of fresh herbs (such as basil, chives or flat-leaf parsley), finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 1/2 teaspoons of kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
FOR THE CORN:
- 8 ears of corn, shucked
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1. Mix butter, herbs, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Place it on a piece of parchment or wax paper and roll it, forming it into a log. Refrigerate until firm.
2. Brush corn with oil and grill, turning often, until it's tender and charred in spots, 5–8 minutes.
3. Remove butter from the refrigerator and slice into 1/4" rounds for individual servings. Serve at room temperature.