- 2 ounces of premium vodka, such as Tito's
- 1 cup chopped watermelon
- 3-4 fresh mint leaves
- 1-ounce lime juice
- 1/2-ounce Cointreau
- 1-ounce simple syrup
- Make your simple syrup. Bring equal parts sugar and water to a boil in a saucepan, then cool (store in the refrigerator when not in use).
- Muddle watermelon and mint. In your martini shaker, gently muddle watermelon cubes and mint to release the juices.
- Add everything else and lots of ice. Add vodka, Cointreau, lime juice, simple syrup, and ice. Seal the shaker tightly and shake vigorously for about 30 seconds. The sign of a well-shaken martini is when you see ice crystals floating across the top.
- Serve. Strain into a martini glass and garnish with a watermelon wedge or mint leaf.