HONEY APPLE TART
- One sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 2-3 medium apples, peeled, cored, halved and sliced thinly (about 1/16")
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry and roll into a 15x11-inch rectangle. Transfer to parchment-lined baking sheet. With a sharp knife, score a rectangle border about 1-inch wide, but do not cut all the way through the dough. Poke the inner rectangle all over with a fork. Trim any uneven edges so that you have a perfect rectangle.
- Layer the apple slices, overlapping them slightly. Sprinkle with granulated sugar, then the surface with butter cubes.
- Bake for 25 minutes, until crust is golden brown, then transfer the pan to a wire rack. Heat honey in a microwave safe for 30 seconds, until thin. Drizzle over the tart, then brush it evenly using a pastry brush. Return to oven for 5 minutes, then transfer the pan to a cooling rack. Let cool for at least 10 minutes. Transfer the tart to a cutting board by sliding the parchment off the baking sheet and cut into 8 even pieces. Serve.
Recipe courtesy of swiftandwhisk.com