Yield: 6 servings
Prep + Total Time: 10 mins + 40 mins
- 3 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp whipping cream (milk, light cream or almond milk will work too)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract (or almond extract)
- 1 lemon, zested (optional)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup plus 2 tbsp sugar
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- 1½ pint of local raspberries (about 3 cups total)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt butter.
- Whisk together eggs, cream, vanilla extract, lemon zest (if using) and melted butter.
- In a separate bowl mix together pinch of flour, sugar and salt.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the wet and whisk until smooth, 1-2 minutes.
- Butter a 9-inch gratin dish and dust it with sugar. Alternatively, you can also bake this with parchment paper underneath for easy removal.
- Pour the filling into the gratin pan and top with raspberries.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until just set.
- Allow to cool slightly and then serve warm with either vanilla ice cream, lemon sorbet or whipped cream on a hot summer night. You can also serve this room temperature later in the day.