Serves 6 | Recipe & photo: Epicurious
- 1 medium fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 blood or navel orange, very thinly sliced, seeds removed
- 1 Meyer or regular lemon, very thinly sliced, seeds removed
- 1 red Fresno chile or jalapeño, with seeds, thinly sliced
- 4 sprigs dill, plus more for serving
- Kosher salt
- Coarsely ground pepper
- 1 (2-pound) skinless salmon fillet, preferably center-cut
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- Flaky sea salt (such as Maldon)
Preheat oven to 275°F. Toss fennel, orange slices, lemon slices, chile, and 4 dill sprigs in a shallow 3-quart baking dish; season with kosher salt and pepper. Season salmon with kosher salt and place on top of fennel mixture. Pour oil over.
Roast until salmon is just cooked through (the tip of a knife will slide through easily and flesh will be slightly opaque), 30–40 minutes for medium-rare.
Transfer salmon to a platter, breaking it into large pieces as you go. Spoon fennel mixture and oil from baking dish over; discard dill sprigs. Season with sea salt and pepper and top with fresh dill sprigs.