- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup (155g) pearl / Israeli couscous
- 1 1/4 cups (300ml) water
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced red onion
- 2 navel oranges (preferably Cara Cara oranges if you can find them), peeled and cut into 1/4-inch (1/2-cm) half moons
- 1/2 cup (55g) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup (32 g) salted, roasted pistachio kernels, roughly chopped
- 1 small handful fresh parsley or cilantro, finely chopped (a little stem is just fine)
Place the olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the couscous and cook, stirring until it browns and smells very nutty, about 2 minutes. Add the water and one teaspoon of salt, bring the mixture to a boil and simmer until the liquid is absorbed and couscous is tender for about 10 minutes.
STEP 2Transfer the warm couscous to a serving bowl and stir in the vinegar and red onion.
STEP 3Let the couscous cool to room temperature and then gently stir in the oranges, feta, pistachios, and parsley. Season the salad to taste with salt. Serve at room temperature.