Mahi Mahi Curry
MAHI MAHI CURRY
Serves 4. Substitute any firm fish such as Swordfish or Lingcod.
- 1 pound Mahi Mahi, Dolphinfish, or other firm fish
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon shredded or desicated coconut
- Sauté onion, garlic and parsley in butter. Add turmeric, salt, curry, chili powder and coconut for 4-5 minutes
- Add sliced tomato and cook until tender, approx. 3-5 minutes. Crush tomatoes, add lemon juice and simmer another 4-5 minutes.
- Add well washed and drained fish, cut into desired pieces (not too small). Mix carefully with the sauce and make sure fish is coated. When it starts to boil, cover and let simmer 7-10 minutes. Do not allow fish to become soft and mushy.
Serve with rice and Mango Chutney.