Yield: 7 cups of granola
Prep time: 10 minutes
Total time: 55 minutes
- 4 C old fashioned oats
- ½ C pecans, chopped
- ½ C unsalted almonds, whole or slivered
- ½ C unsalted cashews
- ¼ C sunflower seeds
- ¼ C pumpkin seeds
- ¼ C flax
- 2 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ½ C good quality olive oil (or a neutral oil or coconut oil)
- ½ C maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl stir together your oats, nuts, seeds, salt and cinnamon.
- In a measuring cup whisk together your oil of choice, maple syrup and vanilla extract. Pour over your oat, seed and nut mixture. With your hands massage the liquids into the dry goods, making sure to coat evenly.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pour your granola onto the sheet in a thin evenly spread layer.
- Bake for 20-35 minutes or until golden brown. Make sure to stir and check the mixture every ten minutes to ensure even toasting.
- Allow the granola to cool before serving.