Grilled Peach Bourbon Smash
Makes two drinks.
- 1/2 large peach, sliced in thin wedges
- 8 large mint leaves
- 1 oz. brown sugar simple syrup or maple syrup
- 1 oz. of lemon juice
- 4 oz. bourbon
- Splash ginger beer or soda water
- Fresh mint and peach slices for garnish
- Grill peach slices until soft. This allows them to caramelize and brings out even more sweetness.
- Add mint leaves, syrup and grilled peaches into a cocktail shaker. Gently muddle.
- Add bourbon and lemon juice to the cocktail shaker, fill it with ice and shake until well-chilled.
- Strain into a rocks glass filled with fresh ice.
- Top with ginger beer or soda water and finish it off with a sprig of fresh mint and a peach slice on top.