Recipe makes one cocktail.
- 2 ounces Bourbon
- 1/2 ounce Spiced Cranberry Syrup
- 1 dash orange bitters
- Fresh cranberries, for garnish
- Orange bitters, for garnish
For the simple syrup:
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup frozen cranberries
- 6 whole cloves
- 4 whole star anise
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- To make the spiced cranberry syrup add all the cranberry syrup ingredients into a small pot with 2 cups of water and bring to a simmer, then cook for ten minutes to infuse. Let cool, then, using a fine-mesh strainer, strain the syrup and set aside. Use as needed.
- In a mixing glass, add ice, Bourbon, cranberry syrup and orange bitters. Stir until well chilled.
- Strain into a chilled rocks glass with one large cube of ice. Express the oil of an orange peel over the glass, then garnish with the peel and cranberries. Serve immediately.