Yield: 6 servings
Prep time: 15-20 minutes
Total time: 1 hour, 15 minutes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 spanish onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, grated
- 1 tbsp harissa - harissa is spicy so feel free to omit
- 1 medium parsnip, diced
- 1 cup turnip, diced
- 1 small sweet potato, diced
- 1 cup carrot, diced
- 1L chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp salt
- Black pepper, to taste
- In your pot (we recommend a heavy bottomed pot, such as a dutch oven) over medium heat add in the olive oil and onions and sauté until translucent – approx. 4-6 minutes. Add in the garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Add in the harissa and cook for a minute or two (skip this step if omitting harissa).
- Add in your chopped root vegetables and cover with stock. Season with salt and pepper.
- Put the lid on your pot and on medium heat allow to gently simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour until the vegetables are soft and tender.
- Transfer soup to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Transfer soup back into the pot and check for seasoning, adjust if needed.