- 1 brick of feta cheese
- Fresh oregano
- Fresh thyme
- 1 lemon
- 1 drizzle of honey
- ½ c extra virgin olive oil
- Chili flkaes
- Pita chips
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place feta into an oven safe dish and top with olive oil, honey, red pepper flakes, fresh oregano and fresh thyme.
Bake for 10-15 minutes until bubbly and browned.
Serve warm with pita chips.
TUSCAN “RIBOLLITA” STEWIngredients:
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 medium carrots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 8 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 bunches of Tuscan kale
- 1 small piece of parmesan with rind
- 1 28oz whole can San Marzano tomatoes
- ½ loaf crusty bread
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper
- 1 14oz can cannellini beans
- Crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 4 cups water
- In a large pot sautee onion, celery and carrots with olive oil. Add in garlic and allow to flavour to become fragrant.
- Stir in the can of tomatoes, 4 cups of water, and parmesan rind (keep grated parmesan for later) and allow to simmer for 10 minutes
- In bunches add in the chopped kale and season with salt and pepper.
- Add in cannellini beans and allow soup to stew together for at least 30 minutes.
- Tear bread into chunks and place on top of the stew. Drizzle with olive oil and broil on high for five minutes until the bread is crusty.
- Top with grated parmesan.
ENDIVE + FIG SALADIngredients:
- 5 ripe figs
- ½ cup toasted walnuts
- Endive, radicchio, castlefranco lettuces
- ½ bunch Tarragon
- ½ c red wine vinegar
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Salt and pepper
- Wash and cut lettuces to fill up your favourite salad bowl, a more shallow bowl works really well for this.
- Toss walnuts with a splash of olive oil, maple syrup salt and pepper and toast in the oven until nutty and fragrant.
- Chop tarragon.
- In a jar or bowl make the vinaigrette by mixing together red wine vinegar, olive oil, Dijon, maple syrup and salt and pepper.
- Cut figs into halfs or quarters.
- Arrange lovingly in bowl and toss with dressing.
PEACH + ALMOND TARTIngredients:
- 1 package puff pasty
- 2 tbsp flour
- ¾ c blanched almonds
- 1/3 c sugar
- 3 tbsp almond extract
- 2 tbsp (1/4 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 egg
- 5 peaches
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- On a work surface roll out your puff pastry into a tart shape.
- In the food processor grind finely the almonds, add 1 tbsp flour, 2 tbsp almond extract and butter and puree. Add in the egg and process until well blended.
- Pour onto the puff pastry and spread evenly. Fold up the edges of the puff pastry to create a border to seal in the spread.
- Cut peaches into halfs or slivers and decorate tart. Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes until puff pastry is golden and brown.