Apple, Honey and Chèvre Crostini
APPLE, HONEY AND CHEVRE CROSTINI
- 1 baguette, sliced into ½ inch pieces
- Extra virgin olive oil
- 6 oz. chevre
- 1-2 apples (Fuji or Granny Smith)
- Fleur de sell and coarse black pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon chili flakes
- ¼ cup walnuts, diced
- Arils from 1 pomegranate
- Preheat oven to broiler setting.
- Drizzle baguette slices with olive oil, add salt and pepper. Cook until the broiler for about 1 minute per side until brown.
- While still hot, rub the garlic on the baguette slices
- Spread with chèvre and a touch of red chilli flakes
- Cut apple into thin slices with a knife or mandolin and place on baguette along with pomegranate seeds, walnuts and honey.