Yield: Serves 4
Prep time: 20 minutes
Total time: 35 minutes
- 2 cups basil leaves
- ½ cup mint leaves
- 1 ½ cups good quality olive oil
- ¼ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested (divide into 2 dishes)
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 ½ cups green beans, trimmed and diced (you can also use asparagus or fresh spring peas)
- 4 cups rigatoni (Emma likes the brand Rustichiella d’Abruzzo)
- 1 cup stracciatella, burrata or ricotta (1/4 per person)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Season mildly with salt.
- In a mortar & pestle (or blender) mix together basil leaves, mint leaves, garlic, lemon juice, sunflower seeds, olive oil and kosher salt. Set aside in a large mixing bowl or serving dish.
- Dice your green beans.
- Drop your pasta into boiling water and cook to al dente. One to two minutes before you remove it, add the green beans to your cooking pasta. Drain and toss directly into the pesto.
- Pass or place a large dollop of stracciatella on each plate of pasta and garnish with lemon zest and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.